In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mauser stock & butt plate question

TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in Ask the Experts
Which Mauser style stock was made of walnut, had a single cross bolt, and a steel butt plate with 7 horizontal ribs? The rear sling swivel is on the bottom and the front one is attached to the bottom of the barrel band. It looks a lot like a M48 stock to me. Pictures to follow if I can find my camera. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I found a couple of pics of buttplates with 7 ribs. They were on Belgian made, FN contract rifles prior to W W II.

Their might be a connection between these FN rifles. And Yugo M 48's?. FN made the original rifles,( Model 1924 Short Rifle), for Yugoslavia in the 1920's. And sold them the whole factory. So that they could start making their own rifles.
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks. I looked up FN contract rifles and found that the FN 1935 Peruvian Mauser short rifle matches my stock. Now I know what I have. Thanks again.