In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

9MM MAKAROV

BRONX2SNELLVILLEBRONX2SNELLVILLE Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
Hi, I have a Hungarian made Makarov but when i fire it the case always jams. Upon inspection of this pistol i noticed that on the left side of the slide is marked "9mm M" but on the barrel,on the right side in the ejection port its marked "9mm short" (ie. two different casings). Also on the right side of slide towards the muzzle is marked "CAI. St Alb. VT.
the sub frame has "FEG Hungary". It loads 9mm short but will not load
9mm M. Any info on this pisol would be helpful.
Thankyou

Comments

• Options
    BRONX2SNELLVILLEBRONX2SNELLVILLE Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    How does the 9MM MAKAROV compare with a .380 ACP as the guns are about the same size?Which is a better round?How does the 9MM MAKAROV compare with the 9MM LUGER?
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Mak has slightly (75-100 fps) more velocity. Surplus Mak ammo is a lot cheaper than commercial .380. Neither as powerful as the Parabellum @ 1100-1200 fps. I had a Makarov in 9x18 Mak, liked the cartridge, didn't care for the pistol. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.makarov.com is the site you want for looking at the 9x18mm makarov cartridge and the gun that shoots it. The .380 is weaker than the makarov and the luger is stronger.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC