In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dan Wesson Arms 41 Mag

davidbitsdavidbits Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
A local dealer has a Dan Wesson Arms revolver in 41 Mag with the 6" vented barrel. The gun is stainless steel and is in excellent condition. We determined that it was made before 1989, when D.W. Arms went out of business. The dealer is asking $500 for it. Can someone tell me if this is a fair price or not? Will a barrel from the new Dan Wesson Firearms Co. fit on it? And would there be any interest in these down the road as a collector's item? Thanks for the help!- Dave

Comments

• Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's high.Yes, a current barrel would fit.Probably wont see any collector interest.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dave,I bought what I thought was a used .41 Mag.Blue 6" Dan Wesson when it came in it was unfired new in the box with all papers .Included was a letter from the factory congratulating the original buyer.The letter is dated April 1st,1981 the box is so perfect it looks like it was just made.I wanted this gun as a shooter but after seeing it I want to keep in in the new condition.I have not seen another 6" (Blue or Stainless ) since I bought mine two years ago.The serial number on mine is COO12XX.It's a beautiful gun and I would love to fire it but I think in this condition it has some collector value. I have two S&W model 657s and think the Dan Wesson is a better made gun.See if you can get the price down a little but I would not let it get away.
    ATF
  • Options
    davidbitsdavidbits Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input. I'm thinking the price is high too, so I may see if I can talk him down some. The serial number is CO0017xx, no box or manual, just the barrel wrench. Although I did just purchase a Dan Wesson Arms manual, hope it's the right one... :-)- Dave