In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

i need the value on a remington 22

greensucker14greensucker14 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
i need to know the value on a rimington 22 model 514. i received it from my grandfather it seems like it is an old gun. it is a bolt action. if anyone knows the value please help thanks.[This message has been edited by greensucker14 (edited 11-22-2001).]

Comments

• Options
    ChaserChaser Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    First off Greensucker14 DON'T ever sell it. What your Grandfather gave you can NEVER be replaced once its gone,and I'm sure that old Rem shoots better than most new ones. --The 22nd Ed. Blue Book lists mod #514 100%=$135.00 --80%=$65.00----mod #514P 100%=$175.00--80%=$85.00---mod #514BC 100%=$`155.00--80%=$85.00 --BC (Boys Carbine) was a model with a 21' bbl. These prices don't mean you will not get more or that you would get even these prices,too many things enter into sale value,these are ball park figures. The gun to you is priceless.Listen to the wise old man who sold the first 22 he bought from his Dad,only to spend three yrs. trying to find one like it 25yrs later. I hope I was of some help.---Chaser-- OH Yea! the model 514 was produced from 1948 thru 1970 so it hung in there for a while.
  • Options
    edharoldedharold Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 514 is a great gun. One of the few 22s that feel enough like a centerfire to use for cheap shooting practice. It already has some collector's value, so shoot it and maybe your grandkids can cash in on it.
  • Options
    prangleprangle Member Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sold one a couple of months ago for $125
  • Options
    rick_renorick_reno Member Posts: 186
    edited November -1
    I bought one of these for my son to shoot a couple of months ago at a gun show. It looked new and was priced at $100 - I bought it for $80.It does shoot good.
  • Options
    greensucker14greensucker14 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your help, i was just wondering what the value on it was i wasnt planning on selling it. thanks