In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bushmaster vs. Armalite

mjgcarpentermjgcarpenter Member Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
How does the Bushmaster AR10 308 compare in quality to the Armalite AR10 308? The FAL mags used by the Bushmaster would seem a definite advantage and I am guessing that since Bushmaster's makes the M-16's for the military they make a superior 308.

JR

Comments

• Options
    mjgcarpentermjgcarpenter Member Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was at a gun show today and both caught my eye in a .223 cal. Armalite was a little more expensive. I was wondering if there was big differences in the two. Also how accurate are the peep scopes that come on the guns. I can't justify both scope and gun as a x-mas present to myself....Thanks
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both good quality.I like the Bushy becausd of the chrome borescpermd
  • Options
    hecklerxkochhecklerxkoch Member Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    go with bushmaster, just as good as a Colt
  • Options
    luger01luger01 Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chrome-lined bores are fine for cleaning, but accuracy will be less than a non-lined bore. I have owned two Armalite ARs, a target model and a carbine. The target rifle (Golden Eagle) would shoot 1 MOA all day long with generic ammo and 1/2 MOA with selected loads. The carbine would keep all shots under 1.5 MOA and that was the std. barrel. Never owned a Bushmaster, but they are fine rifles. What I like about the Armalite guns is the fit - tight, no wiggle between top and bottom, and exceptional accuracy.As for the sights, you will find std. mil spec sights fine for hitting the target, but for accuracy work, you will either want a scope or National Match sights.P.S. Both Armalite and Bushmaster are BETTER than Colt! Both take time to fit parts and there is no need to buy a AccuWedge to make the receivers tight! Plus, a mil-spec rifle is a better purchase then the Colt with the larger pins, trigger block in the lower (darn hard to work on the trigger with that extra metal in there!), and shoddy worksmanship.[This message has been edited by luger01 (edited 11-26-2001).]
  • Options
    zizimikezizimike Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey,mgjcarpenter, What were the prices you saw today? New or used?