In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1914 savage 22 high power worth ??

farmerjfarmerj Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
cal. 22 high power. s.n.150xxx manufactured by savage arms company Utica, N.Y. U.S.A. forarm has a few deep scratches,but no cracks or breaks in the wood. lever action with straight grip. butt has some nicks and dents but no cracks. front sight is gold. model 1899, blueing is 80% and no rust. I'm also looking for shells for it.

Comments

• Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    If it is all original..buttplate,no recoil pad...no drill holes ,etc....it would start at around $600.and go up through the roof!I have several 99s,omong other Savages,but can never afford an original one in 22 HP.I bought two sets of RCBS dies for when I do!In some other part of the world,there is ammo for it under a different name,metric.Norma may be a source.Hope it is a nice example,congratulations,.218
  • Options
    jager22jager22 Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    J&G sales has some ammo for the .22 high power...any gun list or shotgun news has their ad in it.............www.jgsales.com
  • Options
    farmerjfarmerj Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thank you, yep it,s all orginal but it does have a recoil pad. A lot of great family history behind this gun, as it,s been handed down over the years.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    The missing buttplate(they had a serial #)will keep your rifle from being very collectable. ..but likely a good shooter.Plus I would not try to put a price tag on its family history. .218P.S.Savage Rulz