In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any info on SKSMan's mini-14 mags?

NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
I found a website for nickel plated mini-14 magazines (20 round for $20, 30 round for $25 and so forth). His e-mail is SKSMAN@AOL.com. I wrote to ask the brand name and so forth (yeah, I own USA Mags and don't want anymore)and am still waiting to hear from him before I surrender up my credit card number. I was wondering if anyone has heard of SKSMAN and what he has to offer.

Comments

• Options
    duster68duster68 Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's a good guy. Honest, reliable, fast shipping, pretty reasonable. He doesn't, however, answer his email for some reason. I've always placed my orders and had my questions answered over the phone. His number is posted on his site.The Mini mags. he carries are made by Western Metal Products. They are generally regarded as poor quality (not as bad as USA), but for some reason, they all worked perfectly with my gun, right out of the wrapper. They are made of flimsy, thin metal and look like crap, to be prefectly honest. But they work. You can get them cheaper from CDNN investments from TX. They are listed in their catalog as "replacement" mags for the Mini. I think I paid around $12 for silver 30 rounders, $15 for 40. Check their website. Awesome return policy. I bought a few USA's and tried to get them to work by bending, filing, vising, pounding on the feed lips, to no avail. Send them back in that condition and was given a full refund. Can't beat that. Good luck!
  • Options
    NOTPARSNOTPARS Member Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gentlemen, thanks so much for the info. Isn't this a great website! I am squeamish about buying anything with a credit card through the internet or anywhere else. I have lots of USA mags. Those that didn't work (bought through Natchez) I was able to send back. Those that work don't eject from my mini-14 or mini-30 without a good tug. My precision mags work great but where can you find these anymore!!Again, thanks for the info its a big help!