In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

model 1894 winchester 30-30

ljrljr Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
I have a winchester model 1894 30-30 I was wonder what the value might be. It is in very good condition. I have seen 10 year old guns look worse. There is a number on it it is 333786 not sure what this is for. I do know it has a octagon barrel and it is considered a long barrel. Any help or if you need more info please adviseThanks LJR

Comments

• Options
    paul1231paul1231 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your RIFLE was manufactured in 1904. Does it have a strait grip, or is it curved? How long is the barrel and the magazine? Does it have a "flip-up" device on the forward end of the magazine that allows the magizine tube to be unscrewed? How many triggers does it have? Is there a sliding door in the butt plate? Can you describe the front and rear (or side or tang) sights. And, how blue is the blue? Is there any case harding colors on the lever, hammer, or receiver? Any engraving? Maybe we can narrow the value down from it's probable range of $600-1,200.
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 1906 38-55 went for 700, 26"oct. bbl. Very good condition.
  • Options
    kaboomkaboom Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a similar 94 Win. 26" oct. barrel, .30WCF, VG+ original condition, etc. Serial # is in the 911XXX range, and it has beautifully figured, high-grade walnut wood which must have been special ordered. I bought it in 1965 for $65 at a 2nd-hand store, and I was offered $750 by a Winchester collector in 1994 or '95. It isn't for sale because I want to pass it on to my son, but if it was I wouldn't take less than $1000 for it in today's money. If I was you, and if I didn't really need the money that badly, I would hang on to yours for a few more years. Old lever guns are becoming very much in vogue now for collectors. If you don't mess it up by refinishing or "improving" it some way it should be a better investment than the stock market.