In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

USA mags are good.

jeenyesjeenyes Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
I am tired of people running down USA mags, they can be useful in many things.1 you can throw them at dogs and cats2 depending on the mag you can use the follower to clean your fingernails3 you can use the spring to pick locks4 you can give them to people you hate for christmas5 you can use them to test out your new hammer6 the ak mags beaten at the right angle makes a dandy boomerang7 would reduce crime if criminals used them because they would get one shot before they jammed8 you can use them to explain to your wife why you need that expensive preban mag9 last but not least, makes any semiauto assault weapon legal in any state by turnning it into a single shot weapon

Comments

• taxijohntaxijohn Member Posts: 111 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am learning this. I used one to hold up my car while doinf the brakes, kind of like a jack stand
  • Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    I gave some to my wife too...can't wait until she shoots at me again!(She's a lousy first shot, has to walk her rounds in...)
    Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Usa Mags are good taking up all your time trying to get the piece of sh_t to work right. File, grind, bend,curse. Damn.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    yeah, but USA mags are made a whole heck of a lot better than that Victor brand sold by Tapco. You can't remove the floor place on the 30 round .223 and inside the housing you can see the rough spots where the spot welding was done and the follower and spring has to try abd slide by without getting stuck.
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    tr fox, those Tapco mags sound as good as the ones made by Western Metal that i bought from gotmags,com ,3o rd mags and after playing with them longer than I'd want to admit to they would feed three rds ,b/4 sticking. burrs at all the spot welds soft metal,lousy heat treat they are going back ,but I'm still out shipping both ways =the price of one mag.that SUCKS ..Well how do you say-another day older -another day smarter. Lesson Learned--- Chaser