In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help With Gun ID

chas1962chas1962 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
Thanks for looking at my guns. I have 2 different guns I am holding for my Father-In-Law. He asked me to see what they are, what year made, and what value they hold. He said that these where his fathers, so I am assuming these are old. I searched the Internet, but had hard time zeroing in on what these are. Please help if you can. You can find pictures at http://hometown.aol.com/cklein1/Gunintro.html

Comments

• Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    The Savage apears to be a model 1907 Auto Pistol-Made 1910 - 1917.380 ACPs demand more than 32ACP.In this fair condition it looks to be about-$325.-$375.Whats that in the barrel,in the last photo??.218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I tolk a look at the last photo again, Ugly. But it is just dust. I guess the flash made it look like something worse. Thanks for the input, I welcome all who can help. Chas
  • Options
    nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saxon's estimate on the M1911 may be accurate, but it is a Springfield Armory, not a Colt. It was made in 1914. There is not enough detail in the photos to estimate a precise % of finish, let alone verify that it is original. We also need to see the bore and barrel markings, since a replacement barrel is possible.In order to get a better estimate, it must be eye-balled (seen in person) by an expert. If you can give us your city, maybe we can suggest a local collector who could help. Neal
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    This is pretty funny...leave it to ol` .218 to comment on the cheaper one...then when somethin` resembles a Colt,or a S&W, ol` Saxons ears start twitchin`..218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks so far for all the input on this post and the E-mails. I live in Pgh Pa. Should I find a specialty gun shop, or any gun shop will due? Here is another question maybe someone could answer. If these were military guns issued to his father, was he allowed to keep them, and pass them on? My Father-In_law does not believe these are registered in his name, but he is not sure since he got them so long ago. If I take them for appraisal, is there a chance he could loose them?