In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

AMT 380 DAO, can trigger pull...

lt7d101lt7d101 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
be slicked up, poundage lightened? Will it get better with use? My wifes never going to be accurate with the pistol the way it currently is.

Comments

• Options
    KhegglieKhegglie Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i doubt if the trigger pull can be modified at all without compromising reliability.the 380 has the long exposed trigger bar on the right side which actuates the hammer. the hammer coil is really strong....and to relieve it would lead to light firing pin hits... my AMT dao would do this occas. in its unmodified form. Even the locked breach AMTs have a horrendous trigger pull.
  • Options
    j2k22j2k22 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    accept the pistol for what it is; a reliable and sure close-up and personal defense tool.At contact distance, accuracy is not an issue. The main thing is to have the training and resolve to use it as needed.The hammer spring also acts as a recoil spring in this design, so you cannot lighten it without degrading the performance of the pistol. Within the limits of the intended usage of this item, it is a good and reliable design. If you want an accurate pistol for target work, get something else.
  • Options
    Jungle JimJungle Jim Member Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had similar problems with the AMT we had as well. I was told the long trigger pull was to compensate for no safety on the pistol. I ended up selling ours, and bought my wife a .32 Beretta Tomcat; loaded it with Silvertips. The pistol is lighter, holds more rounds, and is easier to shoot. I realize that these mouse pistols are "belly guns" but the Tomcat can also shoot pretty well at short distances. The price has dropped on them now.Good Luck!JJ
  • Options
    KurtCKurtC Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That pistol was manufatured with economy in mind and the parts of the action are quite rough n finish. Any competent pistolsmith can polish the contact areas to enhance the smoothness of the trigger pull. I have also seen the trigger cut and rewelded at a better angle. My DAO 45 came out perfectly, including the addition of fixed tritium sights. Keep in mind that this type of work could easily equal the cost of the pistol. Contact me at stutzenrifles@aol.com with ?
  • Options
    lt7d101lt7d101 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies guys.