In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ak-47 or Mac-90

orooro Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
I am NOT an asault rifle person!! Could you guys tell me the main diffrece between a Ak-47 and a Mac-90,what one is the best? Thanks,oro

Comments

• jeenyesjeenyes Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AK-47 is a full auto, select fire weapon.Also used to decribe the semi auto version that had the flash suppressor, bayonet and pistol grip, that was sold before the mak90 came out which has the thumbhole stock and no bayonet or flash suppressor.
  • lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MAK90, stands for 'M'odified 'AK' of 19'90'.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For its' intended combat purpose, I prefer the sidefolding Chinese AKM over the wood stock and the underfolder in that order.Both sidefolder and wood stock are narrow enough to allow quick sight acquisition.The underfolder,on the other hand, while looking most cool is too wide to easily get behind the sights and in addition freezes your cheek and jars your teeth. The neck of the Chinese sidefolder gives a good solid handhold for port arms carry and bayonet work.The threaded barrel end of the AKM comes standard with a muzzle break and can take a flash hider.All things considered,if I could own only one it would be a Chinese sidefolder in .223.