In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

50 bmg upper

jeenyesjeenyes Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
I've been looking at the 50 bmg uppers for the ar15. seems to me they would be really hard on the stock and would cause a lot of wear between the upper and lower. anyone have any experience with these?

Comments

• Options
    tatonka82tatonka82 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 50 on a AR lower and it is fine. You just have to make sure that you have a very strong spring for the hammer to apply enough force to the firing pin. With the big barrels, the recoil is not bad, and there are recoil products out there that you can apply. One thing I like about the lower AR is that there are plenty of parts out there and knowledge. The trigger is easy to set, etc. My biggest lament, is with my set up is the reloading time, and the DPMS lowers rear attachment pin holes are slightly tight for the heavy duty pin supplied by the folks who built the upper. I bought it to get in cheap and see if I would like it. I may buy another model, that is more expensive....later. Right now, I am having fun...