In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old Colt revolver and Colt automatic

snoozuloozsnoozulooz Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
My father-in-law asked me to sell these for him. Having trouble finding info on them. First is model 1903? or Army Special? Gun is in good condition except bluing......Double action......original hard plastic grips....Can make out July 4, 1905 on top of barrel......32-20 cal....4 " barrel....SN 174xxx.........What is it?Number two.....Hammerless Colt...Nickel.....say's Colt Automatic Calibre 32 Rimless Smokeless on slide......Smooth Mahogany grips.......grip safety......SN 201xxx.....What is it?I need to know more to list guns.....Thanks for help.Doug

Comments

• Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your description of caliber, and barrell length match the Colt Army Special Double Action Revolver but my references say that these serial numbers begin with 300,000. These were made from 1908 till 1927.The self loader is a 1903 Hammerless Pocket Model. The grips sound like replacements, as the original were hard rubber with the Colt logo. Later models came with checkered walnut grips. The serial number indicates it is the 3rd type, without a barrell bushing and a 3 3/4" barrell.