In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.40 to .22 conversion for semi-auto handguns

Eli777Eli777 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
I'm about to get .40 cal handgun.(Sig P226). I'd also like to prictice a lot first using .22 cal. I've heard there is a conversion kit from .40 to .22 cal. I need advice if such conversion really works well: pros and cons???Thank you all in advance for your help!

Comments

• Options
    RSLINTIIRSLINTII Member Posts: 227 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have them for Glocks,Colts and Berettas. Do not know about yours. Best, Robert
    "Endurance"
  • Options
    prebanfanprebanfan Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    These kits are selling like wild fire. However to me they are pointless. You take a high caliber gun and turn it into a 22. I don't see any gain. Your still shooting 22's. I guess everybody has a few "I don't get it" devices that other people seem to love. So I am in the minority when it comes to these things being worth the price they charge for them. If I was given one for free, I would put it on and play around with it but I personally would never buy one. If you think you would enjoy it buy one. Just don't expect it to help you get used to shooting your new gun. Once you go back to shooting the big caliber through it again, if you have a natural flinch, it will come right back once you know the high caliber shell is in the chamber. Only way to lessen your flinch and improve your accuracy is by shooting that particular caliber. Just my two cents, but again, I am in the minority on this one.
  • Options
    Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO YOU ARE NOT ALONE.I FEEL THE SAME WAY,I GOT A SIG P-226.ALTHOUGH IT IS THE SMOOTHEST .40 I EVER SHOT IT IS STILL A HELL OF A LOT MORE CARTRIDGE THAN A 22.I LOVE MY GUN,I SHOOT IT ALOT,I STILL FLICH EVERY NOW AND THEN
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2