In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How do you sale

denniswdennisw Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
Upon doing my evening reading I came across the post about 22 hornet, being curious I went to gb to see what was listed. While brousing thru 22 hornet listing I found two Sako rifles listed with identical info and seller. I had an interesting thought about wheather these lists had two serial numbers or how if you have two buyers you sell one gun to two people.dennisw

Comments

• nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most likely it's an accidental double posting. With these computers, sometimes you hit the ENTER button & nothing happens, so you think maybe you didn't quite hit it hard enough to register, so you hit it again. Then, the computer (or server) responds, and posts your ad (or forum posting) twice. It happens all the time.If in doubt about the hornet, ask the seller.Neal
  • REBJrREBJr Member Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good answer Neal, now try this one:A seller has 10- 30 rnd mags for AK to sellwhy do they clog up the site by listing one for sell at a time for 10 listings instead of a dutch auctionor,why do I look up reloading supplies and find 100 darn stun guns listed?not being smart, just hoping someone could tell me-Ralph
    Nothing very, very good or very, very bad lasts for very, very long.
  • nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also find that annoying, Ralph. Now, I could be wrong, but my reading of dutch auction rules seems to indicate that you have to sell all your items at the lowest bid price that meets your minimum; so, since the seller has to pay the auction premium on every item, he figures that he may as well list each separately and possibly get a greater net amount.Another possible reason is that some auction sites (ebay) require you to pay for a credit check to list anything in a dutch auction.Neal
    You get what you pay for, sometimes less.
  • kaboomkaboom Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    nmyers- You got it right. I sometimes buy woodworking tools on E-Bay, and the commercial tool dealers are really bad about that. I may find 30 or 40 listings for a tool I'm interested in, and when you click on the listings you find they are all the same item by the same seller. Very annoying, but I guess it gives them more notice and doesn't cost any more to list that way.
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Hey kaboom,wheres Mineral Bluff Ga.?By the name it sounds like it would be up around the N.E. part of the state,around Blairsville.My oldest brother has a place up that way,and is into wood working tools,,,Ive never seen so many old Stanly planes.....and other stuff!.218