In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun auction

jeenyesjeenyes Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
I got a list of guns at a local auction by sherrifs office. There are some that I have never heard of or have heard of but don't know anything about. If anyone does and knows if it's worth having and average price, jump right in.1 Sharliegh 22 rifle2 Vanguard 270 rifle3 Cresent 12 ga double4 Rohm 38 revolver5 Hawes 226 Waffenefabrik mauser7 Bryco 9mm8 Westpoint 12 ga

Comments

• Options
    paul1231paul1231 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your Sherrif must be one of the few that doesn't grind up their inventory. Anyway, the Cresent is an inexpensive hardware store smoke pole, and "waffenefrabrik" is a German Military rifle. The remainder probably are inexpensive types, too. These items were used by hoods/poachers, not by sportsmen, so are usually in real poor condition. If you are thinking about bidding, I'd get there early and field strip (inspect) the one(s) you are interested in. Remember, when it comes to tools (guns are tools), get the best you can afford. It ALWAYS pays.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Naw, the depts around here sell everything they get. The list of guns is about 100 from S&W, winchester, ruger, glock, remington, to SKSs and chicom made uzis.
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NUMBER 3, IF IN GOOD SHAPE IS $400.00 THE REST IS JUNK. MAYBE $100.00 FOR THE LOT.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,018 ******
    edited November -1
    Want to sell 'em all, right now?
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    To the best of my knowledge, 'Crescent' is a early brand name used by Sears for a crudely finished weapon. Seen two which I would have used for clubs before I trusted them w/ live ammo. Vanguard is a product line name used by Weatherby, but may have been used by others. Waffenfabrik = some sort of German military arm, 90+% likelihood an 8mm.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the Vanguard is in fact the Weatherby Vanguard, it was built by Howa in Japan. It is a very decent rifle, but there has been a recall by Weatherby on some of the Vanguards. It might be worth a look, and if in really good shape $100 would be a nice buy.
  • Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    The Hawes is the only one I would look at and it would have to be the right Mod. Some were down right cheap (In the Sat Nite Spl range)Worth less than $70.A Hawes Sauer Would be alot more in the $200 range
    Home of the Blue AngelsProviding a home for discontinued .22 Revolvers and PistolsNever miss a good chance to shut up (Will Rogers)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well got back from the auction. They had some pretty good deals. I bought a cresent 12ga double with a cracked stock for $31. If anyone has one or knows a place to check for a good stock let me know.The main thing about the auction was, if you pre-register they will do a background check in advance, or if you don't you have to wait a few days, or if you have a CCL which I do, you get it now.BUT...they did not fill out any forms for the guns, just pay, pick it up and go. I thought this was really nice of them. Strange that a dealer has to fill out a yellow sheet but the sherrifs dept don't.
  • Options
    p0838p0838 Member Posts: 248 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HUMMM: Strange: No Colts, Winchesters, Brownings etc etc