In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

kahr p-40

chesuschesus Member Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
kahr p 40. Good gun? Opinions? How about the k-40?

Comments

• Options
    compgunfirecompgunfire Member Posts: 95 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I picked-up a P9 when they first came out. I carry it daily and load it with "Pro-Load's" 147 gr. JHP. The gun fits my hand and the balance is right. The P40 should be likened to it's P9 couter-part. I liked the "Kahr" steel framed pistols immediately, but thought that they were too heavy,. Then the polymer frames became available, I've made the switch.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    not bad for a gun company owned by Moonies.
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I like them alot. Very similar to the Glock in action.
  • Options
    erictheredericthered Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kahr is a great pistol. I have traded bought and sold for about 3-4 years in the concealed weapons area, and the kahr is my first choice. You can get an MK that is small enough for a pocket gun and you will find it extremely reliable, and extremely accurate. You have to learn the trigger because it is smooth all the way through. You have to practice dry to learn the trigger, but it is well worth it. I'm a nobody and I can get a 5 or 6 inch group at 15 yards with mine. The only better performer I have tried is a Ruger SP 101 357 magnum. But its' a little bigger and won't hide in my pocket. I use a leather pouch like thing I made and keep it in my lab shirt pocket. I can hold the pistol completely hidden everywhere I go and thats' important filling the car at night or going to the teller machine, or store, or car in the night time. I also have nitesights on my compact 40 and they are worth the money. Half of every day is night. And the triticom sights work beautifully at night. I've had guns pulled on me before and the lesson was, "if you don't have it in your hand, its' too late."Hope that helpsEric