In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old derringer question

jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
I have a derringer that appears to be a 41 cal. or close to it. Its very old and in fair shape.the only info. I can make out on the barrel is CUTH and a possible F or T the rest of the letters cant be seen. The gun looks like the old colt derringer. The hexed barrel turns sideways to open. I no this is not a lot of info but maybe someone knows somthing about it.The serial #s is 413 something I cant remember the last digit,and dont have it with me right now.Thanks for any help. Gerald

Comments

• Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If your lettering could be OUTH you may have a SOUTHERNER derringer. .41 RF, single shot bbl has a button below that allows bbl to turn with muzzle going left while breech goes right. Hope this helps. Robert
  • Options
    jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok the more I look, the more it looks to be what you say.The (s) is just not visible, but the the other letters I can make out.Now anyone no how much it is worth? Its about a 60% gun. Thanks Gerald
  • Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to Flaydermans new 8th edition a Southerner prices at from $200 to $600 in good to fine condition for brass frame piece. As described, yours with markings unreadable would grade at about fair conditions. To be realistic figure $150. Iron frame piece worth a little more. Hope this helps. Robert