In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Range Finders

Dave3Dave3 Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
I was hoping to get some information on range finders anybody got any experience with these. I'm wanting at least on 800 yarder or better.
"Protect the Right to Protect yourself"

Comments

• Options
    rick_renorick_reno Member Posts: 186
    edited November -1
    Lots of info here on range finders - I like the Leica myself. http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/rangefinders.html
  • Options
    chimochimo Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got a Nikon laser rangefinder that is like new with the box. Also have a Cabela's cordura camo case. Will sell to you for $225 plus shipping.Email me if interested.skmcdonald@whiteface.net
  • Options
    Dave3Dave3 Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Rick that was a pretty good page. Sorry Chimo I got gift cards to a local store for Christmas.
    "Protect the Right to Protect yourself"
  • Options
    county141county141 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a Simmons 800 yard rangefinder. After 2 trips back to the factory for repairs, it still didn't work correctly. It was un- reliable. I bought a Bushnell 800 yard rangefinder, and it is really good. I'd stay away from Simmons. Bushnell seems to have a good product. JIM
  • Options
    poopahpoopah Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dave,After 4 years with a bushnell 800,I can recomend it.
  • Options
    Tall 1Tall 1 Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the Bushnell also. I really like it and use it regularly with no problems.
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Spend a little more and go with the Leica. I wish I had!!
  • Options
    HAL-9000HAL-9000 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you come across a Tasco range finder DO NOT BUY IT. I got a deal at a gun show for $150.00, normally $275.00. Tasco 800 yard RF. Got home, wouldn't work correctly. While taking the battery out, the battery connecter broke. I packed it up and sent it to Tasco to be repaired, remember this was a new RF. I get a letter from Tasco, saying this model is discontinued and cannot be fixed. They tell me it can be replaced by a rifle scope, telescope, spotter scope, binoculars. After contacting them I found out I had no other choice,I stated I didn't want those other things I wanted a range finder. They said take what they offered or get nothing. After arguing endlessly, I got the telescope and spotter scope...........used them as Christmas presents. I eventually got the Bushnell 1000 yard RF from Natchez for $299.00, I am very happy with it. Beware of Tasco, still see them for sale at G.I. Joes.laterHAL
  • Options
    7elk7elk Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I also have a Busnell 800 that I have always been happt with.
  • Options
    Little AlLittle Al Member Posts: 100 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Bushnell 500 and it works great and right on the money except it does not seem to work when there is snow on the ground. Unless I am doing something wrong; any body else have a comment on that? THANKS