In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Encore Rifles

groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
edited January 2002 in Ask the Experts
Anybody had any experience with these rifles? I worked with a brand new one in 22-250 yesterday and was not impressed with accuracy. I was breaking in the barrel using the same clean and shoot technique I would use on a custom rebarrel job with bolt actions and was just wondering if it takes a while for these guns to settle in or if I need to do a little something to it. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    rjpeacockrjpeacock Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would try several bullet/powder combinations, and you may have to play with seating depth variables also. I own quite a few of these guns, and all seem capable of very good if not extreme accuaracy. To be honest though, I guess all of mine are either Bullberry or Virgin Valley barrels, but you still have to find the load that your particular barrel likes. Don't give up too fast, it will be worth the time you spend! Russ