In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Belgian Pinfire Shotgun - Help with value

IndianaBoyIndianaBoy Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have an old double barrel underlever pinfire shotgun. Double exposed hammers and two triggers. Everything seems to work fine. The wood is really nice and the metal is engraved. I can find no manufacturer names on the shotgun, but some of the proof marks on the receiver and barrel are belgian in origin. I would guess it to be about 16 gauge. The receiver and barrels appear to be silver in color. Any help as to manufacturer or value would be appreciated.
Thanks,
IndianaBoy

Comments

• Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Too many "manufacturers" to even speculate, but here's what I can tell you...

By virtue of the fact that you have a pinfire gun, it's too early to be included as one of the glut of cheap imports that we call Belgian clunkers. That's the good news.

The bad news is that construction may be no better than the above mentioned guns and pinfire's in general are of no great shakes to collectors.

Unless very special the value will fall right in with the later guns. Somewhere between $100.00 and $250.00.

Nord
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    The French made a bunch of these guns also..Can't recall ever seeing one that did'nt have a makers name on it though..The Belguim Makers were making guns and doing a fair job at cornering the market for KNOCKDOWNS..{making copies of Guns made by known makers}and on Most engraved a known makers name on these copies with just enough differance in the spelling to get away with it...Question for you...How do you know it's Belguim Made? Does it have the Oval with the letters E over L.G.in the center? Be interesting to see a photo or two of this Pin Fire Piece....As far as value goes...Not as much as one would believe..There's just no real collectablity..In Real Good Condition...Maybe $200.00 to $250.00.....

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff

Edited by - captkirk3@earthlink.net on 11/01/2002 10:49:28
  • Options
    IndianaBoyIndianaBoy Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am somewhat HTML illiterate, how can I add a photo. I can put them one an internet host, but how do I get the photos here in this forum?
    Thank you for you answers.