In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GLOCK 23

dboogiedboogie Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
Have a chanch to purchase a Glock 23, two 13 rd. mags, been fired so little that there is no sign of wear on any moveing parts. 40 cal. $450.00 --- is it a good deal or should I keep looking?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I just bought a Glock 23 and love it.
    There is a company {FAC] offering extended, ported barrels for semi auntomatic pistols.
    They offer one for the Glock 23.
    Any of you have experience with this product or comments?
    As always, thanks for the help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Glock 23 40 s&w.

I have a 357 sig barrel I pop in every now and then switching calibers.

Lately, no matter the 40 s&w or 357 sig barrel, the action [or slide] seems to hang racked back for a split second evey now and then.

I have changed brands of ammo with no help.

Any ideas?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I purchased a Glock 23 about 6 weeks ago. This past weekend was the first chance I got to fire it. It seemed to have poor accuracy. I then shot my 92 FS which was very accurate. Has anyone experienced this? I have seen you guys talk alot about limp wristing it. Possibly what I was doing. I have never experienced this with any hand gun before and consider myself a pretty good shot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi,
    I came across a Glock 23 in 40 cal with a 9 mm conversion barrel with extra magazines for both. The guy is asking $550.00. The condition is near new with less than 100 rounds thru either barrel. What do you think of the price? He is about 70 miles away and I may drive over on Saturday if it is a good deal. thank you for your opinion.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What can I expect to pay for a used Glock 23. No add on extras. I know what the pre ban 13rd mags go for. Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I JUST PURCHASED MY FIRST GLOCK, IT IS THE MODEL 23 WHICH IS A .40 S&W . DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE BEST AMMO TO SHOOT OUT OF THAT GUN IS?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I own a Glock 23.

Will a Glock .357 sig barrel drop in without any fitting?

Will my Glock 23 40 S&W magazine hold the .357 sig or do I need a separate magazine?

Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just purchased my first handgun a Glock 23. I heard that with the glock 23, it can take 9mm rounds with 9mm barrel and glock 19 mags, and 357sig rounds with barrel swap and using 40 s&w mags. If so, are there any negatives in shooting a caliber the gun was not originally designed for? I ask because if there are no negative effects I may buy another barrel.

Thanks for all the imput.

Remember to Smile!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a glock 23 w/the rail. It has a lasermax site installed in it, and had a extended mag release added as well as 1911 style thumb safty. What would the ball park value of this gun be?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    is it ok to use my gun oil on the copper paste in my glock's slide? there is still plenty of paste left, but the manual says to put the oil on it. i found some of the spec 308 copper paste to buy. would it be more effective?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Newbie question. I have a glock 23 i got used from a friend and it rattles when i shake it. I took the mag out and still rattles. Does not rattle when it is cocked. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    my 23 likes UMC 180 gr or speer lawman for defense CORBON or federal hydra shock

when in doubt EMPTY the MAG!
  • Options
    LABWILDLABWILD Member Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I USE FEDERAL 155 GR. HYDRA-SHOCK (SP.). SHOOTS TO POINT OF AIM FOR ME AND NO FEEDING PROBLEMS. READ AN ARTICLE THAT DID A STUDY ON ONE STOPS AND THIS CARTRIDGE WAS HIGHLY RATED.
  • Options
    mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 23 and recently I have read that there has been some KABOOMS with 180gr. bullets. Have switched to a winchester full metal jacket 165gr. Love my Glock, and it has shot well with everything I've fed it.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have owned a 23 for almost five years. Great firearm, one of my favorites. I practice with UMC 180 Gr. FMJ and PCI FMJ. My G23 is very accurate with Win. Silvertip.

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any jacketed bullet ammo of recent manufacture should be fine. Stick with Winchester, Speer, Federal and Remington ammo and you should not experience any trouble. I use Winchester "white box" ammo for practice and Speer Gold Dot hollow points in my 23.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    mcbabmcbab Member Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do not use unjacketed, lead bullets in Glocks.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like to carry corbon 135gr HP in mine, and My G-23 will shoot anything but lead bullets the Rifleing on the glock isnt made for lead bullets.Make sure you always shoot jacketed bullets in it.Great all around gun.

Best!!!

Rugster

Toujours Pret

Edited by - Rugster on 11/03/2002 13:02:50
  • Options
    ptsquidptsquid Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had my G23 over ten years now. Great gun. My wife shoots well with it also. I've qualified in two different states for my CHL with it and always maxed my score.

I use any name brand FMJ that happens to be on sale for practice, and carry Remington 165gr. Golden Saber for carry. I also like the Federal HS 155gr.

Great gun, smart purchase! Happy shooting....
  • Options
    SUBMARINERSUBMARINER Member Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good gun, happy shooting may be a stretch.the g-23 is the hardest kicking .40 i ever shot

SUBMARINE SAILOR,TRUCK DRIVER,RUSTY WALLACE FAN AND AS EVERYONE SO OFTEN POINTS OUT PISS POOR TYPIST e-mail:WNUNLEY@USIT.NET
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Maybe its time to think of an extra 357 sig barrel to go with your Glock 23. Two for the price of one or almost.