In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mossberg 152

jaoobjaoob Member Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
Just bought this. It is a .22 magazine fed, semi-auto. It has the fold down forearm. There is a scope mounted on it. What I would like to know is what type peep sight came on this model? I see some s-130 peep sights on e-bay would they fit? This gun probably dates to the fifties. Thank you.

Jim

Comments

• Options
    king999king999 Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The rifle came with a simple rear peep, possibly #260, that was awful to adjust. It was OK if you could ever get it zeroed, but since you moved the aperture direcly, (no screw), it could be maddening before you were done.
    The good news: The other, better Mossy sights will fit.
    Have fun, be careful!!
    Morty
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Morty,
    Thanks for the information. I will ask around at the shows. I had one of these when I was younger and it had a rear sight but this one doesn't have the slot. Thanks again.

Jim
  • Options
    leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out the Mossberg Collectors Association. They have a web site. They carry everything for old Mossbergs and are more knowledgeable then the guys at the factories.

Pass on the tradition, teach a kid to shoot.
  • Options
    WAPAHOWAPAHO Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Model 152 came with the "S108 Receiver Sight" and was Mfg. 1948-1952.
    The Model 152K came with the "S134 Sporting Rear Sight" and was Mfg.
    1950-1957.
    Hope the info helps,
    WAPAHO
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the information. Apparently the one I had before was the 152k it looked the same but had the black plastic fold-down this one is walnut. I also found out a Lyman 57MS receiver sight would work.
    Thanks.

Jim