In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

glock 36

slkhnslkhn Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
edited November 2002 in Ask the Experts
I am considering perhaps the purchase of a GLock 36. I am familiar with Glocks as I carry a 17. My question is : What is the felt recoil of the Glock 36? I know we are comparing a 9mm to a .45.

Comments

• slkhnslkhn Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am in thinking about buy the glock 36 (.45 cal) This will be my first handgun purchace. I have shot the Colt Combat Commander so I am very fimilar with a 45. I have also shot the Glock 9mm with the 17 round clip. I didn't like the why the Glock fit in my hand. Since the model 36 has only a 6 round clip can I expect a difference in the feel of the gun.
  • slkhnslkhn Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I welcome any opinions on the Pearce +0 extension for the Glock 36.

Thanks
  • sfettysfetty Member Posts: 349 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glocks are a handgun that sometimes take a little getting used to shooting. They have a feel of a block of wood in your hand. They all have that same feel about them. If the G17 didn't feel right in your hand, probably the G36 won't either. However, the G36 is slimmer than the G17 because it is a single stack magazine.

I like my Glocks and think they are some of the best pistols you can buy. They are tough as nails, shoot accurately and are very dependable. They certainly have a different feel to them in comparison to a 1911 style pistol such as the Colt Combat Commander that you mentioned.

My advice would be to go to a gun shop that has a G36 and hold it in your hand and see how it feels. The G36 will feel different than the Colt. It's just a matter of personal preference and what feels more comfortable in your hand.
  • JBJB Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry a G36 in a "Fist" Kydex Small of the Back holster. I love it!! I also sometimes carry an H&K USP Compact on my side. ( Also Fist but leather) My G36 is like wearing nothing. It's light in weight and thin. I actually like to wear it driving because it is like a lumbar support. ( yes I know if I fall on my back I could break my back but I say...I'll take that chance)

It is my favorite gun to carry and i could carry my Colt,Kimber,Taurus,Sig, Or Ruger. Or the H& K which is bigger to conceal but I also love it. Two totally different feels.

It' a personnel preference
  • dboogiedboogie Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    the g36 is a nice little gun, but when i was looking at the glocks i felt as if the g36 didnt fit my hand correctly either. it is a single stack gun but if you have large hands you might want to reconsider due to the fact that the grip is very short and your hand will totally cover the whole grip, all in all it is a good little gun and perfect to conceal
  • RussDuncanRussDuncan Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am what I guess you would call a "Glock Fan". I have been in some type of Law Enforcement for approximately 15 years. I first carried the Glock 17 when my department went from revolver to semi-autos. I later went to work for my State Bureau of Narcotics and was issued the Glock 19 9mm. I now work as a parole officer in a different state. As the lead firearms instructor for this office when we purchased new firearms for the department I got to make the call and you guessed it Glock 19. I can shoot it very well from contact to 75 yards. There are many guns out there that are prettier and have more "stuff" but the Glock has gone bang every time I have needed it to. About 2 years ago I purchased a Model 30 which is the double stack .45 cal. I love it also. I have average to small size hands and the grip is just a touch big but I still find I am very accurate and I have 11 rounds of 230 gr. ready to go. I have a friend who just recently purchased the Model 36. She has smaller hands and the grip on the 30 was just to big. She likes the 36 and I have shot it some but by comparison the 30 seems a little more comfortable to me. The bigger grip and a little more weight with additional ammo shoots a little nicer for me. Sorry for the book post here but I am a pretty big fan.
    Rusty

Rusty Duncan