In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rifle sights on shotgun barrel

plautusplautus Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
edited October 2003 in Ask the Experts
Anyone recommend a good smith who can install rifle sights on the BARREL of a Mossberg 9200A1 and 500?

I don't want the receiver mounted type, I want the rear sight on the rear of the barrel, standard rifle-type sights (not ghost)

I called Mossberg and they don't do this, that I need to find a smith who can braze one on.

The 9200 is parkerized and would need to be re-done. The 500 is blued.

Thanks

===
"If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878

Comments

• warcrobwarcrob Member Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mossberg manufactures a slug barrel for the model 500. With rifle sights!

If you ain't got a sense of humor you got no business bein here!
  • plautusplautus Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't seem to remember saying I wanted a slug barrel. I don't.[xx(]

quote:Originally posted by warcrob
    Mossberg manufactures a slug barrel for the model 500. With rifle sights!

If you ain't got a sense of humor you got no business bein here!

===
    "If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by plautus
    Don't seem to remember saying I wanted a slug barrel. I don't.[xx(]

Sarcasm isn't required plautus... I assumed the same thing, not many people want them for shotshells - what's the point?
    Now as far as ideas, one might be to buy an aftermarket vent rib barrel (if yours doesn't have one) and they put on the rib-clamped style that are commonly used for turkey. I doubt they are as accurate as regular adjustable rifle sights, but except for slugs I doubt there'd be much difference.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why braze it on? There are low temp silver solders that will do a fine job without messing up the finish etc.