In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Post 64 Model 70 Deluxe Models...

MichibayMichibay Member Posts: 816 ✭✭
edited November 2009 in Ask the Experts
Within the period of mid to late 60's and very early 70's Winchester offered the Model 70 in a DELUXE Model at a cost of about $170 over the standard grade. These were BEAUTIFUL rifles! They were available in 225, 243, 270, 30-06 and 300 Win Mag. Most of these were hand checkered in a wrap-around design on the forearm with beautiful AAA Walnut. They had real Ebony forearm tips and pistol grip-ends. The magazine followers were jeweled. To be honest within the last 10 years or so...I have only seen a FEW! Would anyone know how many of these guns were made? And, how collectable they are? In todays market, if in excellent condition what would be the premium of one over and above a standard post Model 70? I do know that these are very similar to the also rare Super Grades of this time frame as well. I also know that some of the later Deluxes were not hand checkered...but had an imbossed checkering similiar to the Model 88 and 100 Winchesters. Would appreciate all input...THANKS!!!

Comments