In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GSG-5 MP5 Style Rifle Problem

cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,432 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in Ask the Experts
I bought this 22LR rifle a few months ago & was please w/ the fit & finish. Took it to the range for the first time Wed. I had a little trouble w/ the sights at first but got that resolved & put maybe 75 rounds through it. I had two failure to feed issues. I would pull back the charging handle to open the chamber, turn to rifle sideways to let the failed round to drop to the ground, saw that the next round was in position to feed, and let the charging handle move forward to close the chamber. My first shot after this didn't sound right. I thought it might have fired 2 rounds w/ one triger pull. About 30 rounds later the same thing happened. Now I'm reasonably sure it fired two rounds. This rifle was N.I.B. and never beed adjusted in any way. Any thoughts guys?
It's too late for me, save yourself.

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 3 of the GSG-5 guns. Two of them I have already put 100+ rounds thru each with no problem of any kind.

It sounds like you may have a sear enagagement problem causing it to double every once in a while. Since its under warranty you could shoot it some more to confirm the problem , then sent it in for repairs.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You also might try different ammo. Although they look similar there is substantial differences in .22 ammo. I've had problems with various brands over the years, in different guns for no rhyme or reason. Because of this I've established CCI Mini-Mag solids as my standard go-to ammo. If the gun doesn't function properly with them, it's the gun not the ammo.
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    I am not sure on that one either. I have 3 and the first one I tested went 2500 rds before it started having issues and it was due to the screws coming loose on the bolt.

I would start by trying different ammo too.