In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 1917 Bayonet

MOONEDMOONED Member Posts: 936 ✭✭
edited October 2010 in Ask the Experts
Just curious about a couple of things. I have a Winchester model 97 trench gun and a very quality Remington bayonet and scabbard. Even though either of these two bayonets could be considered "correct" for this weapon, I think I can enhance my total value of the gun with a Winchester bayonet. That said, I am looking for opinions as to whether that is a correct statement or not??? If correct, is the scabbard the same for the Remington and Winchester? If so, I will need to find a Winchester bayonet only, since my scabbard is near perfect.

EDIT:
Yes Gary, same gun. Not planning on getting rid of it, just enhancing the value. I have a fellow who has located a "proper" butt stock with cartouche that I will be buying as soon as possible. My goal is to have the best possible example of the 97 that I can materialize, and I think the Winchester bayonet will help do the trick as well.

Thanks,

Aaron

Comments

• Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    Aaron.....If it was me, I would go with the Winchester bayo so as to have the set. You are right...either are correct really for any trench shotgun, but I would go for the "Winnie" as I think if you ever went to sell it, you would get a tad more for the set from a collector. I think I remember the 97 from a few months ago...same gun? Good luck[^]
  • Options
    MOONEDMOONED Member Posts: 936 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Barzilla,

Thanks for the update.

Aaron