In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

T-C CONTENDER BARREL ??

dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
edited October 2010 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have a idea who was cutting old contender barrels down to 6" [?]
2287137360048641526S500x500Q85.jpg

This is a old octagon 22lr. Who ever done it did a very good job on the crown and putting the T-C sight back on.

Any idea of the value of the older octagon barrels and frames [?]
I got a 10" 22lr and a 45/410 and a carry pouch along with this one pictured.

Comments

• 47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never saw a TC barrel less than 10", looks good. Can't help on octagon barrels , the 22lr in "regular" would be $150 and the 45/410 around $200. Does it have the choke?
  • 44pinshooter44pinshooter Member Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have seen the little 6" barrels before, not many, just a few. One that I know for sure was done by T/C. It was pictured many years ago in Gun World magazine. The reloading ed. there was Dean Grennell, a rabbid T/C Contender fan. He had some of the strangest barrels and chamberings to come out of T/C.

T/C Contenders are a blast to shoot. If I may refer you to a guy who knows just about everything on them, is Ed's Condenders. He buys and sells all of it. Look him up on the net and email him, he will give you the scoop and value too. I have delt with him for years, buying and trading barrels. He is honest and fair.

H.C.Hawk
  • 47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    try Graybeard Outdoors. they have Contender and Encore forums.
  • 41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    The very first Contenders had a 6" barrel.