In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tanfoglio GT-41 COMBAT

ZildZild Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited October 2010 in Ask the Experts
Hello, i have a .41 AE Tanfoglio, and i was wonderoing if i can convert it to 9mm only changing the bore and spring, or if i have to buy all the upper part. My question is because there is almost no information about this gun, and ive read a couple of posts where people refer to an old"small" frame, and to a new "big" frame, and i just dont know where this pistol fits. Thanks advance.

img1628a.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

img1629k.th.jpg

img1637o.th.jpg

sinserial.th.jpg

img1641q.th.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one same as your's I think you'll find out it's the small frame and the barrel from a later small frame will fit.You'll need the 9mm mag from a small frame also.call E.A.A. @ 321-639-4842 Ex.10 they might be able to help?Please let us know how you made out?

Art
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zild
    Hello, i have a .41 AE Tanfoglio, and i was wonderoing if i can convert it to 9mm only changing the bore and spring, or if i have to buy all the upper part. My question is because there is almost no information about this gun, and ive read a couple of posts where people refer to an old"small" frame, and to a new "big" frame, and i just dont know where this pistol fits. Thanks advance.

You've got the old "small" frame Witness, and European American Armory *DOES* have 9mm upper conversions in stock right now. (At least they did about 2 weeks ago when I asked them this exact question).

You can give them a call and they can confirm this by checking the serial # of your gun.

Since the .41AE was designed as a deliberate drop in replacement to 9mm luger (the cartridge has a rebated rim) you should be able to get away with just a new 9mm barrel and a magazine.

9mm luger CZ-75 magazines should also work and might be a little easier to find.
  • Options
    ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beantownshootah
    quote:Originally posted by Zild

You've got the old "small" frame Witness, and European American Armory *DOES* have 9mm upper conversions in stock right now. (At least they did about 2 weeks ago when I asked them this exact question).

You can give them a call and they can confirm this by checking the serial # of your gun.

Since the .41AE was designed as a deliberate drop in replacement to 9mm luger (the cartridge has a rebated rim) you should be able to get away with just a new 9mm barrel and a magazine.

9mm luger CZ-75 magazines should also work and might be a little easier to find.

That's exactly what I meant.[8D]
    Art
  • Options
    ZildZild Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you very much for your assistance! All of you guys are very experts! My bet will be try to find only the barrel and the mag. ill let you know what come out of this.