In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta 92 fs shoots low left. How change?

wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
edited November 2010 in Ask the Experts
Tried out my dads Beretta 92fs. It shooting low and left for my liking off about -2" left and -2" down. The front sight is fixed. The rear sight looks like it may have a small allenhead adjustment...
Anyone have a clue there is nothing in the owners manual. At 25' its no big deal. But if its changeable I want to tweak it.
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    If the rear sight is adjustable, move it to the right. I wouldn't mess with the little low part.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First of all, make sure you've shot the gun enough so that the gun is off and not you.

In terms of sight adjustment, to make the point of impact go RIGHT, you have to move the rear sight to the RIGHT.

I believe the Beretta 92 rear sight is fitted into a dovetail.

To adjust it, you'll have to mount the slide in a vice then gently tap the rear sight in the direction you want it to go with a non-marring (ie brass) hammer. This can also be done with the appropriate sight pusher (which you don't have and probably isn't cost effective to buy).

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=365797

To make the point of impact go UP, you have to RAISE the rear sight (or lower the front sight).

I don't think raising the rear sight is easily doable with a Beretta. You'd have to replace it (perhaps with an adjustable one):

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=657597

I believe the front sight on your pistol is milled into the slide and is not adjustable at all. In theory, I suppose you could try slowly filing down the front sight a little at a time to raise your groups, in practice. . .you probably shouldn't try this.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A low left point of impact is usually caused by the shooter, not the gun. If you push against the anticipated recoil and yank the trigger, that is where your shots will go. Dryfire and maybe shooting with a low recoil gun like a .22 will improve your technique.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. This was my first practice with the gun. Think to give it few more goes B4 I start tweaking it...
    Thanks for that link Beantownshoota. $99.00 for that gizmo. Thats a lot of brass!
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Spider,
    That chart will make a great overlay for next trip to the range.
    Best Regard,
    W