In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

blue dot-green dot

bsdoylebsdoyle Member Posts: 279 ✭✭
edited November 2010 in Ask the Experts
So lifestyle hasnt allowed me to be in the reloadin room for a long time. got out the blue dot powder to reload some 3 inch 20s. Looks like green dot. At least the colored flakes are bout the same. Powder itself looks diff just the green or blue flakes. Awful close to same color. I thought I remembered them being blue. Any help would be appreciated. Tanx Steve

Comments

• Options
    gnprtsgnprts Member Posts: 345 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your memory is good since indeed green dot has some green flakes in it and blue dot has some blue flakes. I have some of each.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go with the markings on the container,don't rely on memory. If you repackaged the stuff and the markings might have been mixed up, toss it.

Green Dot is a faster burning powder then Blue Dot. No way do you want to make a mistake and use Green Dot instead of Blue Dot. Vise Versa I don't see much in the way of problems, for either you or the shotgun.
  • Options
    bsdoylebsdoyle Member Posts: 279 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    First off thanx for the reply guys. I just thought Blue dot had blue flakes. They look green. Bout positive green is not in the blue container. Just wondered what everybody elses blue dot looks like or if someone else could compare. If nuttin else its all going to be lawn fertilizer.
  • Options
    poshposh Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Blue Dot has some light blue flakes and my Green Dot has some light green flakes. There are no such green flakes in the Blue Dot. If you see green flakes in the in the BD get some one else to check the color preferably a female (Because men have a much higher incidence of color blindness than women) and pitch it if she confirms green dots in the BD.
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It has been a while since I loaded any "Dot" powder, but as I recall, the Green Dot had some pale green flakes and the Blue Dot had some pale blue flakes. No mixing, no combination of colors.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    What's it smell like?