In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

870 20 ga. need sights

bridgebuilder41bridgebuilder41 Member Posts: 536 ✭✭
edited December 2016 in Ask the Experts
I have a Remington 870 20 GA. 28 inch plain barrel.it shoots low, what kind of sights do I need to put on it.there is no rib to mount sights on,was wanting something like glow sights?

Comments

• Options
    groundhog244groundhog244 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take your shotgun to a good smith and have him bend the barrel. Also, If you have a friend that has a 20ga. like yours, borrow his barrel and see what your gun does with a different barrel on it.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,198 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by groundhog244
    Take your shotgun to a good smith and have him bend the barrel. Also, If you have a friend that has a 20ga. like yours, borrow his barrel and see what your gun does with a different barrel on it.

That or try to shimm the stock.
    I know that my Benelli came with stock shims and I changed them out to change the point of impact.
  • Options
    o b juano b juan Member Posts: 1,941 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Buy a pack of mole skin and place on the stock where you cheek hits the gun and place 1 there
    Then put full choke in and shoot at target from 16 17 yards

if t is 1 inch low; ad 1/16th rise(by placing under that first mole skin applied) keep going till you get to where you want it.

What ever you do dont pay some one to bend the barell!!
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a zone weapon not a point one. Adjust how you how hold the weapon or the point of aim for your zone.

When shooting trap/skeet/clays with a field/hunting shotgun I find blotting out the bird with the barrel seems to do the trick.

If you are shooting slugs then 2 points to aim with will help. I put a mid bead in the rib of my 20" pistol gripped Express for just such a purpose. 3# coffee cans at 90 yards using a cast Lyman 1.25 oz. sabot slug.
  • Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sights are a preference more than anything with a shotgun but if you intend to shoot slugs than rifle sights are good.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    aim higher[:0]