In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 700 BDL Stainless .375 H&H

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in Ask the Experts
Does anybody have a rough estimate on value or how many of these were made? It is a Remington 700 BDL stainless/synthetic chambered in .375 H&H Magnum.

IMG_20161217_161454526_zpsmwzikpbu.jpg

Jon

Comments

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No idea as to how many were made, but they were manf'd between 1997 and 2002. As for a value, w/o looking on the auction side I'd guess about $600 +/-.
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sig220_Ruger77,

Remington used to have this information on their website but I guess the bean counters thought it cost too much to maintain. I suggest going to the Remington Society website to see if they might have it posted.

Value is hard to assess especially given the nature of the prices for any rifle chambered for the .375 H&H. For some reason, manufacturers think that by chambering a rifle in this cartridge, the price needs to be significantly higher. Using the term 'African' also adds to the asking price...

The lighter weight synthetic stocked .375 H&H have been running in the $600.00 starting range but a significant number are being shown in the upper reaches of $1,200.00 but without selling. You can check completed auctions but this will only represent a snapshot of that particular point in time and not a significant long term value.

Best.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the help guys.

Jon