In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rem 700 BDL?

deerhidedeerhide Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
edited December 2016 in Ask the Experts
What makes a 700 a BDL or an ADL my 700, wood and blue, just has model 700 marked on it?

Comments

• deerhidedeerhide Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you charliemeyer. Mine has the detachable mag. it's 30-06 and it's a favourite...
  • bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So, deerhide, your model is a 700 BDL DM. The DM designates Detachable Magazine

Early on I couldn't remember which was which. One way I remember the differences between ADL and BDL is an acronym I made up. "anti-drop latch" and "bottom drop latch" for ADL and BDL respectively. Hope that helps.

Remington is fond of acronyms as are many other manufacturers. Here's a few others. *Some might have slight assumptions but you'll get the idea*
    VSSF stands for Varmint Synthetic Stainless Fluted
    LSSV stands for light varmint stainless fluted
    Ti (or TT serial numbers) is Titanium
    VLS stands for varmint laminated stock

ADL has a blind magazine. Used to be the low-end model
    BDL has an internal magazine with a floorplate
    CDL (classic) is basically the BDL with better wood/satin finish
    CDL DM has a detatchable magazine
    CDL SF has a stainless action and fluted barrel
    I believe the SPS has replaced the ADL but now has a floorplate and I believe a synthetic stock (SPS = Special Purpose Synthetic) Some SPS do have a laminated stock. What makes it special though???
    XCR is the eXtreme Conditions Rifle
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.