In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Burris scope on FNAR

Farmer BrownFarmer Brown Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in Ask the Experts
1.) I'm going to mount a Burris XTR 3x9-50mm on my new FNAR. What height Burris XTR rings do I need to keep the scope as low as possible - low, medium, or high?

2.) For a closer range aquisition aid, would it be stupid or akward to also attach a Fast Fire or Eotech to a 45 deg. canted mount?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you use the Burris Tactical rings, you can get ring caps to mount the Fastfire on top of the scope. You want to keep in mind, that as low as possible, is not the best, like a hunting rifle. Most AR's have to use 1/2", or 3/4" risers, so the scope is high enough for the user to get into it. Use the highest tactical rings that Burris has, and you will be good.

Best

EDIT 1

quote:The rifle in question is not an AR variant, it's based off of the BAR.

It is proportioned to feel and fit like an AR-15, with the cheek weld/comb height, about the same as an AR flattop. It needs the high rings.

Best
  • Options
    BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    The rifle in question is not an AR variant, it's based off of the BAR.

fnar_3.jpg
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I were doing it, I would attach Diamondhead folding sights that cant to 45 rather than the Fast Fire. They will fold down out of the way when not in use.
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm pretty sure about 98.9 % mounting a scope with a 50 mm objective lens would require the high rings. Also by mounting a scope as low as possible you won't have a decent cheek weld. I've experienced this first hand, luckily I have a vast assortment of scope rings so this was rectified quickly.