In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The American Military Rifle .22 trainer by H&A

HOPSGUNSHOPHOPSGUNSHOP Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited February 2013 in Ask the Experts
Shansei45 posted on info on "The Military Rifle" produced by Hopkins and Allen circa 1907. I have one of these rifles and would like info also. I am very interested in the bolt for this weapon.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As I recall the post this rifle was made in very limited numbers, some years prior to H & A going out of business in 1916.

More then likely it would fall under the category, of what are known to collectors as "Boys Rifles". I know at least one book has been written about "Boys Rifles". You might have some luck by GOOGLEing, using boys rifles as your search term.

Parts for older .22's are quite hard to come by. It's was common at the time for the parents to remove the bolt as a safety measure. Because of this quite a number of older .22's are found without bolts.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I know you are talking about a MUCH older rifle But H&R made a copy of Winchester model 52 It was called The H&R model 5200 and was sold in the CMP/DCM back in the 1990's
  • Options
    BigLoop22BigLoop22 Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gents,

Here is that topic:

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=563465

[V]If my memory is not failing me, then I believe that forum member "Shansei45" passed away, last year. His last post was on 07/11/2012. I know that he loved those oddball guns, and that he was selling off his collection, due to declining health.[V] He was also known by some other handles, including "GevarmGunNut". He certainly collected some interesting guns![;)]
  • Options
    HOPSGUNSHOPHOPSGUNSHOP Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks BigLoop22. Sounds like he was my type of collector. Always been attracted to the strange and one of a kind firearms.