In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old S&W Revolver grips

NordicwargodNordicwargod Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
edited February 2013 in Ask the Experts
Recently I asked about an old revolver of mine and two of the helpful people on this forum stated that they were very old and possibly valuable. I would like more opinions on these grips as I am going to sell them here on GunBroker. A WAG at the value and starting price would also be helpful.
Special thanks to NMYERS and MACHINE GUN MORAN for the last post. I'm gong to try and sell the gun locally first and may list it if I can't sell it at the range. Here is a link to my last post about this:

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=589374

[img][/img]gunthings010.jpg

[img][/img]gunthings009.jpg

[img][/img]gunthings011.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The grips are identified in the S & W book, as being. "Walnut, Square Butt,with recessed gold plated brass medallions". They date from approximately 1910-1920. As that was the time frame of W W I, with the commercial production curtailed. Not that common.

From the flattened checkering looks like they have seen a lot of use. Perhaps have been refinished?
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a serial # stamped onside the right stock...I can't read it tho...
    JIM...........