In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hellfire

NokternalNokternal Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
Any of you ever used the Hellfire system. I've got an AK I'm interested in trying one out on and was just looking for some reviews. Or got a recommendation of a similar device? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tried installing one (I'm not sure if it was the Hellfire brand) of those "simulated auto fire" trigger manipulators on a M1 carbine for a friend of mine--I'm pretty good with mechanical things, but could not get it to work.
  • Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can get an AK to do that without putting a Hellfire on it. You just have to hold it right. Just like you do with the Hellfire on it.
  • Options
    sealyonsealyon Member Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tried one out...Pain in the a!! too make it work. If you are just burning excess ammo and not trying to hit anything smaller than a VW bus go for it. It's also very hard on guns not designed for auto-fire.
  • Options
    mhansonmhanson Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one at home new in the package if you pay the postage I will send it of to you and you can try to make the dame thing work
  • Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nokternal,Most of these trigger systems just don't work. But the good news is, you don't need a special trigger to simulate full auto fire.Here's how you do it...1. Hold the entire weapon by the Gas valve cover in one hand and don't let any other part of your body support the weapons weight.2. Put your finger on the trigger and hold that position.3. With your arm that supports the weapon, apply a forward press while leaving your trigger finger, hand, arm completely still.4. Keep pushing forward as the weapon discharges.The recoil from the gun will allow the trigger to spring forward and the forward pressure from your arm will pull the trigger. You can go through a 30 round clip in just a few seconds. Some people say you can do it with an Ar but I've never be able to. Not enough recoil.Munkey
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    So I'm assuming for this technique to work it has to be on a gas-operated hi-vel rifle like an AK or an AR-15.Any idea whether you can get it to work on a smaller-cal rifle? The novelty aspect of this is almost too good to resist.
  • Options
    tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I thought everyone knew this one, but here goes. You can get fully automatic-like fire merely by putting the butt of the gun on your weak side thigh (front part). Hold the gun by the front part of the stock/gas tube cover/ etc and with your strong hand trigger finger, just "fan" the trigger. It doesn't take long to get good at this and if someone was listening to you shoot and not able to see you, they would be postive yyou were shooting a fully automatic weapon.
  • Options
    NokternalNokternal Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    MHanson, email me your address with how much you want for it. I'd like to try it out just for the hell of it. Thanks. And thanks for the advice/tips all.dfburrows@msn.com
  • Options
    mark2mark2 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I emailed you few times unless its not going threw my email is pyro@ecenet.com