In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Fiberforce Dragunov stock for SKS

just-shootjust-shoot Member Posts: 233
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
The stock on my Romainian SKS is nothing to brag about and the rear sight is about half fallen apart as so many romainian SKS are known for. Thinking of ordering this plastic stock, butt pad, scope mount and scope from cheaper than dirt. I'm assuming the shell will clear the scope as they are ejected. About $100 not including shipping. Anyone gone down this road before? Any advise, as allways is appreciated.[This message has been edited by just-shoot (edited 12-06-2001).]

Comments

• Options
    beantolebeantole Member Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been there and done that. The stock is ugly but strong and easy to shoot with. I'd say buy it. Forget the scope unless you like misery. The only scope that will fit an SKS and not get the crap beat out of it by the ejecting brass is a 7 inch or shorter scope.The shell deflectors sold to stop the brass from hitting the scope do not work---none of them---they either don't work at all or allow ejected brass to fall back into the firearm jamming the gun. Good luck!
  • Options
    duster68duster68 Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Besides that, the replacement receiver cover mounts aren't stable, at least not on my Romanian. I finally used epoxy to cement that sight permanently on the gun and have been happier than a clam ever since. Mine shoots extremely well with the original sights. After trying several mounts and scopes, I always ended going back to the original sights. In fact, I can say the same for just about everything else I've modified on the gun. I always went back to the guns original stock configuration because it simply works best that way. Detach. mags are crap and unreliable, scopes and mounts don't stay zeroed, replacement stocks look ugly. Refinish the orginal wood, cement the sight back on and have fun.
  • Options
    just-shootjust-shoot Member Posts: 233
    edited November -1
    Duster68, so you just glued that sucker down and can no longer adjust the rear sight for 200, 300 meters/yards shooting? Funny to look at, but I currently have a rubberband holding mine on, but come to think of it, I never adjust mine. I never plink over a 100 yd. I'll have to give this some thought, do I want to glue this down permently?
  • Options
    duster68duster68 Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I had the rubber band going on mine too. Funny, but I actually learned to shoot it quite well without the sight. It got to a point where it was falling off so much, I just left it off. Back to the epoxy. I can still adjust mine normally. I'd never glue it down so I couldn't do that. You put the spot of expoxy under the leaf spring, on the side where the little nipple fits into the indentation. Snap the sight on normally and let it set. Can still be adjusted just like before, but that stupid spring will never come out. Be careful to use only a tiny little drop. Good luck!