In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looking for Savage combo gun

jgill13jgill13 Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
I'd like to find one of those compact little Savages, I think the model is a 24C or V?? In a .22/.222/.223 over a 12 guage. Anyone know a good source?? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    budreaux39budreaux39 Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have a 22mag/20ga 3" if will surfice?sdv7771@cox-internet.com
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I don`t know that they ever made anything bigger than a 20 Guage.I have a couple,a 222 over 20-G, and a .22LR over 20-G,my brother has a 30-30 over 20-G You might take budreaux39 up on that mag..I`d like to have one in 22 mag.myself!!.218
  • Options
    tocamohatocamoha Member Posts: 271 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    check out auction item #'s 2570237 2602632
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the tips tocamoha
  • Options
    Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Savage stil makes them new. Both 12 and 20 guage and differant rifle calibers. Also the .410er.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Miss Creant, Thanks for the info, but the new ones are synthetic stocks, 8lbs, 24" barrels, and 40.5" o/a length. I'd like to have an older, shorter/lighter model w/ the wood stock. Do you know where I can get one for a 'reasonable price (book price)????? Thanks!!
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know anything about the quality of this firearm or if the rifle barrel is accurate enough for survival purposes? This would make an interesting multi-purpose firearm and would like one myself if it is fairly accurate at 100 yards.
  • Options
    jetjet Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    get an old bolt action 22 use shortsfor meat(low noise), NEF pardner in 12 ga w/ejector quick to reload, tough, multi perpose ,light,... use as a club.anything a 22 will do a 12ga will do betterif you come on a threat you have 12ga advantage ,if small game you have time to switch.
  • Options
    bhayes420bhayes420 Member Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can honestly say the savage 24's are great little guns. First gun I ever bought was a 22 over a 20. Gave $99 for it brand spanking new 26 years ago. Looking at the prices they are going for now, I wish I would have been able to buy a truck load of the suckers! As it was, I had to work all dang summer to get mine out of lay-away at the local sporting goods store! No telling how many yards this 10 year old (26 years ago!) had to mow to get it. Well worth it. Got it stored to give to my son one of these days. Anyway...sorry for rambling, but you can't go wrong with one of the older models. You will love it!
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Miss Creant,..fancy meetin` you here,..I heard about what they did to Lord Beekeeper when he went lookin for ya,over to the Pump House!(spoken in a gentlemanly southern accent,surprisingly like Val Kilmer in his role as Doc Holliday).218