In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Armalite AR180 info please

axlerfanaxlerfan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
Im considering purchasing one of these, it was made by Sterling of England for Armalite, Costa Mesa Ca. condition seems to be very good, nothing more than what appears to be normal wear. What kind of quality are these? reasonable accuracy/reliability? construction looks like welded steel stampings. has anyone had any experience with these? any information would be most appreciated. thank you.daniel

Comments

• Options
    kobrenkobren Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Daniel the ArmaLite AR180 is a great semi-auto rifle. Three versions were mfg, Costa Mesa CA, Howa Japan and Sterling England. The Sterling mfg AR180 was not as consistant in quality as the other two models and the finish was either blued or painted black compared to the other two models being parkerized. There are many fine Sterlings that are excellent shooters and the owners have had no problems with them but there have been a few that have been troublesome and in general the price of the Sterling AR180 reflects this possibility. The Howa is rated as the best finished and the highest quality AR180 followed by the Costa Mesa. Ballpark prices for a 98% condition rifle might be $800 to $900 for a Sterling, $1000 for a Costa Mesa and $1100 for a Howa. I have a Costa Mesa AR180 and a Howa AR180 and I am very pleased with both rifles flawless performance and quality. Kobren.
  • Options
    axlerfanaxlerfan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you, this gives me something to go on. appreciate youre time.