In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Were their any true ChiCom Preban M14S

cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
rifles brought into the US?I thought they all came in after the 89 ban and could not legally have a BL or FH.I have never seen any documentation for there being any prebans.Just curious because it seems like every other one being sold is touted as preban.cpermd

Comments

• Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    I think there have been so many bans, it becomes a question of WHICH ban. I've seen SKS Thumbhole Sporters touted as "pre-ban". And they are pre-'94 ban, as though that matters. Just a way salesmen are capitalizing on ignorant buyer's desire to have a "pre-ban" firearm, that's is all it is.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    SaxonI have two and love them.I did have the bolts heat treated by Ron Smith.I think you should check the line at Perry before you make a blanket statement like that.Also,what do you have to do with that Damn AASIS?My question pertained to,did ChiCom M14S fierarms come into the US legally with FH an BL mounted?This question is posted on four sites and was brought on by a firearm for auction on this site?cpermd
  • Options
    toolman9mmtoolman9mm Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    please post the documentation on that chinese gun blowing up. i have seen alot of articles on springfields blowing apart. have a polytech and love in.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If I hear this * about a ChiCom receiver blowing up again I will puke,Saxon reminds me of Chicken Little"Don't reload or you will get hurt""Don't wildcat,it takes time and effort""Don't shoot Chinese or you will blow up""Don't shoot FA,It is boring and a waste of $$$ and time."Saxon needs to go back to whatever state the * came from and get out of AR.The turd will not even document a SINGLE KB in a ChiCom M14.There has never been one KB documented with factory or GI surplus ammo.Check with Fulton's or Ron Smith.I have seen some cracked Left Bolt lugs.Correct me if the above info is incorrect.cpermd[This message has been edited by cpermd (edited 12-07-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Saxon believed the "Gun Media"Same folks thst voted the Keltec and Colt 2000 as Guns of the year.Same as the general media which said 35 people shot and the assailant was using a machine gun yesterday.Check where the money and advertising $$ came from and you will find the source of the info.Have you seen Shooting times or Guns post a negative ad or article about SA?Do you know how the"Gun Writers" make their livings?We,in my family paid for their * for over 28 years til we realized it was all a PR scam for the OWNERS!!Did you ever see them post a positive Norinco ad(except for the AKs)?Now show me the articles Doofuspig!cpermded because I am TOO PISSEDcpermd[This message has been edited by cpermd (edited 12-08-2001).][This message has been edited by cpermd (edited 12-08-2001).]
  • Options
    lrarmsxlrarmsx Member Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Polytech M14S was being advertised in 1988-1989. It was supposed to come in before the ban, but never did. As far I have ever been able to decern all the guns came in after the March 1989 Assault Weapons Ban. I have handled a lot of the Polytechs over the years. I've seen various ways of making them look like a Pre-ban, but I've never seen one that definitely could be confirmed as a pre-ban. I've seen people take off the solid "fake" flash hider and put on a standard flashider/bayonet lug assembly. The one that was on a recent auction was that way. I even saw people cut out the channels in the "fake" flash hider, but that took some work. Regardless, although advertised before the 1989 ban, I am not aware of any of the Polytech M14S that actually made it in before they could no longer have the evil features. I saw the ads before the ban, but I never saw any of the real guns until after the ban. BTW the 1994 Crime Bill had nothing to do with the Polytech M14S's. However, the executive order of May 28th, 1994 did stop the further import of the M14S and all of the Chinese AK's, SKS's and UZI's, etc. To answer your question, no there are no Polytechs that legally have the bayonet lug and flashider. I've seen a lot of people put them on their guns, but that doesn't make them legal or pre-ban. I hope this helps.If someone can show me a receipt from 1988 or early 1989 for a Polytech M14S, I will stand corrected, but thus far I've never encountered a documentable Pre-ban.