In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who makes the better mag ProMag or USA

LarryBLarryB Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
Who makes the better pistol magazine, ProMag or USA

Comments

• Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    If you want USA take it to the range and test-fire before you pay for it.
  • Options
    njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    For what it's worth, stay away from USA magazine's. They stink and so does their customer service...... -Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelMember: NRA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2AMPD and the AARP. njretcop@copmail.com [This message has been edited by njretcop (edited 12-07-2001).]
  • Options
    CLINTFCLINTF Member Posts: 735 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I Have several Promag pistol mags that work flawlessly and every USA rifle mag I've had was crap.
  • Options
    Gunslinger1Gunslinger1 Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stick with Factory Original or MecGar and you can't go wrong !!!!!!
    E-mail us at gun@gunslinger1.com or visit our site at www.Gunslinger1.com
  • Options
    kobrenkobren Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have to agree with the prior post re mags. Purchase factory mags unless the cost is prohibitive. Even a ten round factory mag would be a better choice then most aftermarket mags unless the aftermarket mag mfg is actually the mfg for the factory as mentioned in the prior post. USA mags have a well deserved horrible reputation for poor materials and workmanship. They are not worth any amount of money and in fact I wouldn't even take a USA mag if it was given to me free of charge fearing it might damage my firearm.
  • Options
    BlokeyBlokey Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If what you've read so far hasn't convinced you about the quality of USA mags, check out this thread entitled: "USA mags are good." http://forums.gunbroker.com/images/Forum2/HTML/009676.html I think you'll find it most entertaining
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    PromagI have found two USA mags that worked out of many,many,many.cpermd
  • Options
    4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you can find early production USA Brand mags you'll do fine.Those produced before the "rush" of production in 1994 (just before the ban) are fine.I figure the bad reputation USA has is the result of the SAME mags being sold and resold over and over again--different people keep buying the same poor '94 mags and finding they're junk.The problem, of course, is finding the early mags; those who have the good USA ones, usually aren't selling.A lot of the "high capacity" mags for sale now are poor; you really have to shop around.Best advice--as already given--swallow hard and buy factory mags. So you pay $60 for a magazine (which should be selling for $20 were it not for the ban); but IF you ended-up in a fire fight, and your life is depending upon your weapon the price you paid will seem like a bargain then!
  • Options
    moparmopar Member Posts: 338 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tried a couple of the Wilson brand 10 round mags in my Norinco .45 awhile back,my gun didn't like'em at all.Kept on tryingto feed a round after one was partially chambered. I ended up getting rid of them and gettingsome more Colt 7 round mags,no problem with them so far. What brand of 10 round mags would be good to use?