In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Selling a XP-100 on GunBroker

Dborn61Dborn61 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
I plan to sell a .308 XP-100 on auction. Problem is it seems like about once a week I see a nightmare story where something goes wrong with FFL Dealers dragging their feet, being plain A-holes or making up new rules on their own regarding gun sales. If not that shipping problems.If I understand correctly US mail will not ship a handgun. I've seen some say take the gun apart and ship as gun parts. What shipper would give me the least problems? If I understand I can ship the gun to an FFL holder with out having a FFL myself? About a week back I seen a post where it looked like a FFL holder was going to keep a gun for himself because it wasn't sent to him by an FFL holder. I hope that problem was resolved.Any tips on making my first handgun sale go smoothly would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Dborn61@AOL

Comments

• Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your problem will be shipping the gun. US Postal Service will only ship handguns for dealers. The commercial carriers will only take it on the expedited shipping at a considerable expense. The monkey is on the back of the buyer to get a ffl dealer who will accept it. The buyer had best learn all the receiving rules of the ffl before having it sent to him. It might be cheaper to have a ffl dealer ship the gun for you by US Postal Svc. His fee and the shipping charge could be less than UPS or Fed Ex charges.