In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WINCHESTER 94 QUESTION

jgill13jgill13 Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
Hey guy's I'm looking for a back holster for the Winchester 94, I'm not sure exactly what they're called, but I've seen them before, where you have a bandolier across your chest for shells, and on the back there is a holster type thing for the Rifle. I know it's a bit vague but I have no idea what they're actually called, but I was curious if anyone knows what I'm talking about, and where you might be able to find one? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I want to buy a compact model 94 in 30-30, I've looked at a gun website at a Winchester Trapper model (34 1/4 overall length, 16" barrel, $337) and then a Ranger model (33 1/4 overall length, 16" barrel, and $280). My question is, other than $57 and 1" in o/a length,....is there any other difference betwwen these rifles?? The gunsites pics and specs make them seem identicle other than these two differences. Thanks for any help!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is the ring on the side of the reciever that I see on some commemorative and older Winchester lever rifles. It looks like a ring attached to a pin going through the reciever.
    I am buying an "Illinois Sequential Commemorative" 1868-1968 winchester Model 94. There is a screw hole on the left side missing the pin or a screw. I did not see the part on Numrich Gun Parts site.
    What is the ring used for??

Keep the Faith
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was at the local gunshop today, and seen they had a used 94 on the rack, So I asked to see it, it was in awsome shape, and asked if it was a pre 64 or post. He said it was a pre, because it had a metal but plate. Is this true? How can you tell the pre's from the posts? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    just traded a fox bse-c for a 30-30 winchester. would like to know what the D.O M. is. cant find it in the posted list. serial number is 21xxxx6X. the X is odd to me at the end of the serial number as i have not seen this before. the gun is in 90% with a sight hood, and the action is very tight. if anyone could give me a D.O.M. and an idea of its worth i would be thankful.
  • Options
    rwfixemrwfixem Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Spend the extra money and get a Marlin. Winchester quality control is really poor these days.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does Marlin have a model comparable to the Trapper or Ranger??....super short that is,...that's what I'm looking for.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks saxonpig and rwfixem!