In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lengendary Frontiersmen Winchester

FOXMOUNTAINFOXMOUNTAIN Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
I picked up a winchester lengendary frontiersmen a while back and did not notice until recently that it is not a 38/55 but a 30/30. the gun is new in the box and is marked 30/30 on one side of the barrel and lengendary frontiersmen on the other side. I was under the impression that they were all 38/55's even the box has 38/55 on it. Any ideas? Thanks John

Comments

• Options
    paul1231paul1231 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I collect winchesters and I've never heard of a 30/30 Legendary Frontiersman. Of course, ANYTHING is possible out of Winchester. Have you checked the chamber? A Legendary Lawman was in 30/30.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    YOU GOT IT, I NEVER HAD REALLY LOOKED IT OVER IT IS MARKED 30-30 BUT THE BORE IS 38-55. I CHECKED THE CHAMBER AND THE 38-55 FITS AND THE BORE SEEMS RIGHT FOR THAT DIAMETER. WEIRD GUN, THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP JOHN
  • Options
    paul1231paul1231 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have quite a prize there. I'm sure Winchester would like to have it back, liability law suits being what they are these days. Give them a call, and be prepared to bargin.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP, I AM NOT SURE WHAT I AM GOING TO DO WITH IT. I FIGURED IT MIGHT BE RARE, BUT I WAS THINKING THAT IT WAS THE WRONG BARREL ON THE GUN, NOW IT TURNS OUT IT IS THE RIGHT BARREL BUT MARKED WRONG, I THINK YOUR RIGHT ON THEIR EXPOSURE, BUT IT WOULD ALSO BE A NICE ONE OF A KIND FOR A COLLECTOR, THANKS AGAIN JOHN