In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Vektor CP-1

b00merb00mer Member Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
Are these any good?

Comments

• Options
    punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Made in S Africa, no longer imported. IMHO it was a great idea that went wrong. Accuracy and reliability were just fine, the ergonomics were wonderful. Now for what went wrong. The delayed gas system (ala H&K P7) heats the polymer frame very quickly and hotly. The forward mounted safety on the trigger guard did not lend itself to my grip. The flush mounted mag release was almost impossible to find in a hurry. So I will give it 5 cool points but only 2 practical points.
    AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While I cannot really disagree with anything punchie said, I do not think all the comments are really applicable to a pocket pistol.In my opinion, the CP1 is about the best looking pistol ever. The lines and detail are outstanding. The use of color is even well done. For anyone who wants one of everything, the CP1 is a must because of its outstanding style.As far as shooting, I do not think the overheating is really a problem with a pocket pistol. I doubt that the pistol will be used in sustained combat so that the frame will become too hot to hold. If a range session involves enough shooting to heat it to uncomfortable levels, just quit for a while. The magazine release button issue is not too important in a pocket pistol either, but I find it easier to hit than punchie.The trigger is not very good on mine, but on a pocket pistol, that is not too important. To me, the shortfall is that it is bigger than a Kel-Tec, kicks harder, and costs more. When the pistol was first introduced at a SHOT Show a couple of years ago, the importer said used high capacity magazines (12 rounds as I remember) would be coming in, but they never did. (Thanks Klinton.)So the pistol is a great looking rather large pocket pistol that fails in comparison to the Kel-Tec for practical carry. Its best feature is its style.
  • Options
    sig-mansig-man Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Vector recalled them for safety reasons,they were apparently going off when the slide was realesed,like slam fire, also would discharge sometimes while on safe. I talked with the importer here in Norfolk and he is the one who told me about them, he now is distributing the HS2000 Glock clones, they seem to be a good buy at just over $300.Hope this helped ...