In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M44 MN Russian scope mount

prangleprangle Member Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in Ask the Experts
I was ready to buy scope mount for Moisin Nagant and you have to change bolt.One of the gunparts books said something about cutting the bolt. What? Is that something an average jerk like me can do?????

Comments

• Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    I have info on a no drill, no tap no alteration mount. It replaces the rear sight. It's usually used with a pistol scope, for increased eye relief since it's so far forward. email jbinvest@mobiletel.com
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    oneshy:Have you put one on a rifle yet?????If so - How does it work???????Does it hold "zero" with 180 grain bullets???Many Thanks In Advance:
  • Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    Adams,I have not actually done so, but have seen pictures and have a forum chat room link and can talk directly to man. and feedback from those who have used it. Seems to be a simple mount that replaces rear sight, no mention of anything more complicated, no mention of special tools or rings. Man. has tested 100rd without loss of zero. Average 21/2 in. groups. with Tasco $65 special. Can't remember exact model. Tasco 791DSC rings can be used. [$7][This message has been edited by oneshy (edited 12-08-2001).][This message has been edited by oneshy (edited 12-08-2001).][This message has been edited by oneshy (edited 12-08-2001).]
  • Options
    leoleo Member Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did my M-44 with the Advanced Tech. mount.Cutting the bolt is done with a hack saw & is not that difficult.The hard part is drilling the receiver, first problem is finding the center of a round receiver& then making sure not to drill too far foreward. The barreled recevier is very difficult to hold in a vise.You must have a drill press!!
  • Options
    prangleprangle Member Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you talked me out of itThanks